The Parkinson's & Movement Disorder Institute - Fountain Valley, Long Beach, California
David D. Brown, D.O.
Professional/Academic Accomplishments and Recognition
- Chief Resident – UC Irvine Medical Center Department of Neurology
- Fellowship in Neurologic MRI – Dent Neurologic Institute, Buffalo, NY
- Faculty – American Society of Neuroimaging Annual Workshop, Orlando 2009
- Board Certified – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Dr. Brown is interested in using advanced imaging modalities such as CT, MRI and ultrasound in the evaluation and treatment of refractory cervical dystonia. He is also investigating the use of transcranial ultrasound to diagnose Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Brown is the coauthor of a best selling review book for the United States Medical Licensing Exam, for which he had the highest score in his graduating class from medical school. He has also coauthored several chapters on medical physiology.
- Brown TA, Brown DD USMLE Step 1 Secrets. Hanley & Belfus. 2004.
- Brown DD, Brown TA “Cardiovascular Physiology” In Brown, TA Rapid Review Physiology. Mosby 2006
- Brown TA, Brown DD “Endocrine Sytem” in Brown, TA Rapid Review Physiology. Mosby 2006
- Brown TA, Brown DD “Gastrointestinal System” in Brown, TA Rapid Review Physiology. Mosby 2006
The Parkinson's & Movement Disorder Institute is made up of the following members:
Foremost, the physicians, research scientists and staff at the Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Institute all share the common goal of providing superior care to our patients in the treatment of neurological disorders affecting movement. It is our belief that people who must cope with symptoms or illness have enhanced quality of life when they understand their diagnosis and treatment plan,...
read more about PMDI...