The Parkinson's & Movement Disorder Institute - Fountain Valley, Long Beach, California
Stephen W. Jenkins, M.D.
Professional/Academic Accomplishments and Recognition
- Principal Investigator for PSG (Parkinson's Study Group) clinical trial.
- Hospital Staff: Orange Coast Community Medical Center, 9920 Talbert Ave., Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- Assistant Professor of Medicine and Neurology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Champaign-Urbana; neurologist at the VA Medical Center, Danville, IL (1968-7)
- USAF, Lieutenant Colonel, Medical Corps: Head of Aerospace Neurology, School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks AFB TX (1978-80)
Dr. Jenkins is also currently engaged in research in Parkinson’s disease. He is currently one of the sub-investigators in a study evaluating the effects of a dopamine patch in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- Brashear A, Gordon MF, Elovic E, Kassicie D, Marciniak C, Do M, Lee C-H, Jenkins SW, Turkel C, fot BOTOX Post-Stroke study group; Intramuscular Injection of Botulinum Toxin for the Treatment of Wrist and Finger Spasticity after a Stroke; New england Journal of Medicine 2002; 347:395-400
- Brashear A, Truong D, Charles D, Comella C, Hauser RA, Tsui J, Botox® Study Group, Branin MJ, Mordaunt J, Gibson J, Nordquist M, Stagg A, and S Jenkins; A Randomized Double-blind, Placebo Controlled Study of Intramuscular BOTOX® for the Treatment of Cervical Dystonia (CD); Movement Disorders 1889; 13: Suppl 2, P4.243
- hilders MK, BrashearA, Jozefczy PB, Reding MJ, Dru RM, Lee CH, Joshi TG, Turkel, and SW Jenkins; A Multicenter, double-blind, placebo controlled dose response trial of Botulinum toxin type A (Botox®) in upper limb spasticity post-stroke; 51st AAN Meeting 1999; S46.008.
The Parkinson's & Movement Disorder Institute is made up of the following members:
Foremost, the physicians, research scientists and staff at the Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Institute all share the common goal of providing superior care to our patients in the treatment of neurological disorders affecting movement. It is our belief that people who must cope with symptoms or illness have enhanced quality of life when they understand their diagnosis and treatment plan,...
read more about PMDI...